Sunday, March 30, 2014

Finding the Way Back - Cover Reveal

I've just finished the first round of edits on my first novel, Finding the Way Back and it's been an exciting prospect.  It really feels like I will have a book published!  On the heels of that thought comes nervousness over how the story will be received.  I try to remember that I felt that way with my short story and so far I have had wonderful feedback.  The phone calls and notes I've received have encouraged me and I am so grateful for every one.




So -- Here it is -- Ta Da!  The cover of the book!  When I saw it I was so happy and amazed to see my name on it.  It was exactly how I had pictured it.  It's been a long time coming.  I've written for decades and I have manuscripts and short stories sitting in files that have never seen the light of day since they were put away.  I keep a file of my many rejection letters right next to them.  Perhaps in the future I'll be able to dust off some of those tales for another attempt at publication.

For those of you interested in the book -- I've always loved ghost stories.  From the scary to the amusing they are all for me.  I like to believe in ghosts, sometimes it's just for fun and other times it feels reassuring to think of our loved ones with us at least in spirit.

Finding the Way Back is the story of Laney, a recently divorced woman who agrees to help her mother fix up her dead grandfather’s house.  From the first night where she hears ghostly music to later physical attacks that seem targeted only at her, she soon discovers that a spirit trapped in the house may have plans of its own.  For her own well-being, she needs to find answers as she slowly learns to trust herself as well as others.  With the help of an attractive ghosthunter named Emmett and some other eccentric characters, Laney uncovers the dark secret of the house and a new path for her future.

I can't wait to share my new story with you and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Stay tuned for future updates!


8 comments:

Elisabeth Hamill said...

The cover looks beautiful, Jill!

Jill Bisker said...

Thanks so much. I'm pretty excited to see it in person!!

booksyayesplease said...

Oooh! Sounds like a very interesting story.
And of course you know I love the cover ;)

Jill Bisker said...

I just love a good ghost story. It's perfect for that rainy day.

Shelley Pickens said...

I love the cover Jill!! And I can't wait to read it over spring break next week! Be ready on FB for my OOH! and AHH's!! I'm so glad I won it and keep up the great work!!

Jill Bisker said...

Thanks Shelley! I really hope you like it.

Philip Donlay said...

Jill--nice to meet you the other day. Good luck with everything. The cover looks great, it does everything a good cover should, which is make the reader reach to find out more. Take care.

Philip Donlay

Jill Bisker said...

Thank you Philip. It was great to meet you as well. I am looking forward to reading all of your books!