Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Unsuccessful!?!

I would love to have you think all my brilliant ideas work out perfectly, but that's not always the case.  Not all of my attempts at organization and house management have been successful.  My questionable choices often come about from wanting to make the things I use in my life more beautiful.  Sometimes my efforts are lovely, other times not so much. 

I purchased a creamer and sugar containers from eBay, deciding to use them every day at my coffee pot.   Elegant, right?






In the set was also a cruet holder.  In my infinite wisdom I decided to decant my honey.  What could be prettier?  Pretty it was, usable, not exactly.  It was too thick to come out the top and when some did pour out there was no way to make it unsticky to put the top in.  It was glass so I couldn't squeeze it.  So I would hold the container over my tea or toast and wait about 5 minutes to get anything from the container, making a complete mess while I was at it.  It took half an hour to remove the honey and much soaking of the item to make it not sticky. 





Then there was the Metamucil container (sorry, is this too much information?).  I keep that on the counter because I don't remember to take it otherwise.  I decided to cover it.  I quickly sewed up a slip cover.  Success?  I'm not sure, I thought it was better than the container but not everyone agreed.  What do you think?




I love photos and I put them everywhere in my house.  I got a lovely idea of putting a clear photo over a candle base.  Then when you light a candle at night it shines through the photo.  Perhaps I should have used opaque vellum?  It isn't really clear in the photo but you can see the clear tape through the glass and the photo doesn't really light up with the candle.  It would have been interesting if it had worked. 


 
 
In the end, you have to try out the ideas you have, or you'll never come upon great ideas that work for you.  If they work out, that's great, if not, it's an amusing story for your friends and a learning experience for the next project. 

No comments: